Friday, September 16, 2005


Cooking = Food = Drug

I love cooking. I think I’ve inherited the love from my mom. My mom has a daughter and four sons. All her four sons, like her are good cook. My sister, being the eldest, on the other hand excels in management. I think she inherits that from my dad.

I started cooking seriously when I was in Australia. I had to call my mom getting the right steps and guidance to prepare several dishes. Several friends also taught me on techniques and recipes on several dishes. In order to gain extra money, I had to work as a kitchen helper in a Chinese restaurant. I even had to cook pork. Sweet sour pork. Chicken rolls with ham. Pork spring rolls. Chinese chicken rice with ham.

I had the entire icky ness of holding pork that most Muslim Malays have blown away for money, then. Being a student with small monthly allowance from my sponsor, I had to gain extra money to survive. I remember kicking the grass under the lemon tree in front of my house to get some dirt for samak every time returning home from work.

I thing cooking is fun, as the end result = food. Food makes people happy and calm. Some people even use food as drugs. Imagine the power and goodness of preparing food, i.e. ‘the drug’ that can calm people, making them happy?

The question is how good is the food or drug that you cook? If there is a rating, it should be measured by the reaction of the person eating your food. If it makes people vomit, then its bad and you should never be allowed to cook anymore. If it makes you cringe, get someone to teach you how to cook. If yours makes people smile, happy and content, then get into the kitchen more often. You make people happy. You are the drug pusher.
Sometimes, a cooking / food so good, it makes people horny. Such skilled chef should be celebrated, because he has managed to build a food drug lab in the kitchen.

However, the ultimate food master is a person that can cook so good, anyone eating his food will find it so enjoying that they reach orgasmic state of mind while eating the food. I have seen that, I have experience that. I think it’s funny to see a person from hungry turn to Meg Ryan’s character in “When Harry met Sally.”

Enjoy your food. Get a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home