Wednesday, July 29, 2009


Yasmin Ahmad - Love and Humility

No parents should bury their young. A pair of aging parents told me that, during the funeral of their only son.

My heart goes out to Mak Inom and Pak Atan on the demise of their child Yasmin Ahmad.
Yes we all love Yasmin, but Allah loves her more.

I have never met Yasmin, but like many who religiously visited her blog, I did manage to communicate with her regularly in her blog. Yasmin being herself made everyone felt welcome with her love and humble nature.

She would mentioned every accolades and awards that her films obtained, but always in a down to earth manner, and always thanking God, with a caption everyone of all religion would expect her to end… Alhamdulillah.

That’s Yasmin that I knew and grew to respect. Not only for her brave and brilliant works in both advertising and film. Yasmin tought me the true meaning of love and humility.
To face negativity and cruel predicaments are best arm with that two elements. Yasmin did that flawlessly.

Thank you Yasmin for everything that you shared with us, and for your kind words when I mourned my father’s death.

Now I mourn your loss and there’s no Yasmin Ahmad that I could look up to.

Al-Fatihah

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home